BEACH TEAM ROLES
SET UP & TAKE DOWN
Help us get the site ready and make sure we leave it in great condition!
- requires lifting
- set up happens in two phases; Saturday early evening and Sunday morning (6am)
- Some assembly required
- take down from 3pm onward
Be the face of the paddle
- Welcome paddlers and guests when they arrive at Rouge Park
- Check in and accreditation.
- Distribute important information to registrants
- Must be a good problem solver and work well with people.
PADDLER SWAG DISTRIBUTION
Help us say Thank you!
- Positioned with registration
- Will distribute paddler thank you bags at the event
PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEOGRAPHY AND LIVE SOCIAL MEDIA
Don’t miss a single splash!
- help us capture great photos and video of the event, using your own camera
- Photos and video will become property of CPAWS Wildlands League
- Help us trended on Twitter Canada again!
- Help us tell our story online with real-time posts
- Support our videographer and ensure we capture everything we are aiming for!
MARSHALS AND RUNNERS
Help participants with directions and our team with errands
- help attendees navigate the event
- act as runner between stations
- will accompany paddlers from registration to beach
- helping guide their path and ensure the smooth flow of people
- Runners with cars will be sent offsite for last minute items as needed
Keep it clean!
- Will handle refuse onsite
- Will ensure recycling and composting is handled properly
- Will assist with beach clean up
- Help us leave the site even better than when we arrived!
PARKING LOT LIAISONS
Keep it safe!
Help us keep a busy parking lot safe for park users and guests of our paddle
Make sure everyone stays hydrated!
OUTREACH AND INFORMATION TABLES
- Help park users understand who we are and why we are here
- Talk about the work of Wildlands League
- Distribute information
TOP OF COURSE TEAM
- Meet paddlers at the top of our course, near Glen Rouge Campground, where they can disembark, relax and enjoy refreshments before paddling back down to the beach
- This team will be responsible for helping paddlers out of boats
- Greeting park users at an information table
- Distributing food and water.
- will operate the shuttle van
- Must have a G class license
- Drive park users and participants from parking lot to parking lot, and into the park