WATER TEAM ROLES
Help us teach the next generation of paddlers!
(Must be experienced paddler)
- Help us give the basics of paddling canoe or kayak and water safety to Learn to Paddle participants
- Lead two formal sessions for a maximum of 6 kids each session (depending on age).
- Wildlands League will provide a standardized instruction package to make sure all information is covered.
- Learn to paddle sessions will be held at 8:30am and 1:00pm (subject to change).
- At other times, you can assist helping to load boats, providing instruction to renters who need a brush up, or with other volunteer roles at the event.
- See last year’s video about Learn to Paddle: https://vimeo.com/184760201
WATER PATROL GUIDES
Help us keep an eye out on the water
- Assigned sections on the course
- Must be strong paddler
- Quick thinking and able to handle a variety of situations
- Will spot for paddlers in distress, enact safety plan as needed.
- Act as guides along the river
- Encouragement for paddlers
- Reminders to hydrate and apply sunscreen
Help us get participants matched with the right life jacket and paddle
- Overseeing lifejackets and paddles
- Unloading and loading boats
- involves some lifting
Help keep stock of our rental and instruction boats
- will assist our team in checking out boats to paddlers, and checking in boats as they return.
- must be organized.